With the most recent recommendations from the CDC and the President, the Elders have decided to move our worship services to online only, until further notice. We appreciate your understanding as we make our way through the current circumstances. Here are the details as to how this will work:
* We are working to have our song service online, but, due to the current video quality, it will not be available this week. We are working on it now, and pray that it will be available the following Sunday.
* The sermon will be online at www.napleschristian.org/messages starting this week. A sermon outline will be emailed to you; and is also available online.
* The weekly communion meditation will be emailed, and put on our website, so that you can have communion as a family. You can purchase supplies at the store, or just use whatever you have on hand. I’m sure God will understand during these times.
* The weekly prayer sheet will be available online.
* Jeanie and Brett will be keeping in contact with the youth and children during this time.
* Our meeting of GOAL (Seniors Group) has been cancelled until further notice.
* The weekly Ladies’ Meeting on Saturdays have been cancelled until further notice. Please watch the NCC Women’s Facebook page for information regarding a online Bible study.
Please understand that we care about you and those around us; that is what the Christian community is all about.
* Even though the office is closed, the phone will be answered as always during the secretary hours of Tuesday - Friday, 9:00-2:00. Phone messages will be checked and responded to.
* We are following up with at-risk individuals, if we have their contact information. Please continue to check on each other, as you always do. If there is a need, let a staff member, or Elder, know and we will do whatever we possibly can to help.
* We are aware that everyone is going through financial difficulties right now, but we encourage you to remember your tithe. Our giving is not based on sitting in church on Sunday mornings, but on our love relationship with our Lord. You can continue giving to the Lord, by ether mailing in your offering, or by giving your offering online at www.napleschristian.org/give. Please follow the simple prompts.
My heart is heavy as I write this. I never would have imagined a scenario like this. We closed our doors one other time, during a hurricane, (under the direction of authorities) and that was difficult. This is even harder. But God is bigger than this. We may be adjusting how we worship, but WE WILL continue to worship and praise our Lord. WE WILL remain united as a church. WE WILL continue to minister in the name of Jesus.
As always - See you Sunday (even if it’s online).
In His love,
Your NCC family
P.S. On Sunday I received a post on Facebook asking everyone to pray at 9:00 for 3 minutes concerning the virus. I did that, but thought the next morning... why stop praying? Here is my post:
“I prayed last night at 9:00. I was thinking about that today, and remembered how God encourages us to be continually bringing our requests to Him. So I am going to be praying every night at 9:00, for the stopping of the virus, the health of those infected, for our leaders around the world as they deal with this. I will be praying for God's mighty hand to move against this outbreak. I will be thanking God for His goodness, His mercy, and His grace toward each of us. I invite you to join in this united prayer every night at 9:00. My alarm is set. God bless you all. ‘If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.’ 2 Chron 7:14.”
Since I posted that it has been re-posted numerous times. It is starting to spread. We now have people praying in various states. I invite YOU to join us every night at 9:00. And spread the word; let’s get Christians around the world praying together before God’s throne.